Worked for Solihull MBC for 28 years as a sports coach and leisure centre duty manager.
Seconded to work as a “Positive Futures” project manager for ‘Catch 22’, which is Britain’s largest National Youth Crime Prevention programme. The project won the best Community Sports Project for Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull in 2008.
Then worked for Streetgames as a sports development co-ordinator from 2010 – 2011 until moving into FITCAP.
As well as been a sports coach and fitness instructor, Julie has achieved:
- Project management level 3
- ISRM sports & recreation management
- Level 3 in progression award in community justice
- Drug & alcohol counseling
- Level 2 web page design & production